Friday, October 25, 2013

Blog

Blogs  for education.  

Well, first let me say that I did use a blog with my class last year primarily for reading responses. It worked pretty well but it wasn't a level I was really happy with.   I do agree that blogs are great tools of reflection.   They are also a great way to convey information to a diverse group such as parents.  I started the year thinking that I would replace my weekly newsletter with a blog but have found that several of the parents either do not have or do not use the internet.

I love to follow a good blog.  Teachers seem to share the love everywhere.  I get math foldables, lesson plans, reading strategies, and anchor chart ideas all from blogs.   One blog I love is a teacher blog called Runde's Room. http://www.rundesroom.com/  She shares lots of ideas for math and literacy.  I stumble across many other blogs but I find a useful post and don't consistently follow it.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you in the fact that it is a great place to reflect on what you are doing and what other people are doing to be successful. It is something that I need to do more often. I have only done a little bit with it through blackboard. We as educators are a lot of times handcuffed on using online resources because a lot of students and parents do not have internet at home for them to use and a lot of times is a convenient excuse for not getting something turned in. I also like to steal all kinds of resources from other American History teacher blogs. I try to find something new every times I teach a unit to see what I like best and what works best. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that teacher's site you posted and will check back often to see what new information is there. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete